Application for an international vaccination can now be done online, Filipinos may secure one should it be required. It can be used as a medical document for essential or emergency travel. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to get an International Certificate of Vaccination or “Yellow Card” in the Philippines.
Are you traveling soon? Be sure to get your COVID-19 jab at your Local Government Unit, check out this post!
What is an International Certificate of Vaccination?
This Vaccine Passport is an official vaccination report that is approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) and recognized globally. As many countries have even stricter restrictions when it comes to welcoming travelers due to the rapidly increasing number of Covid-19 cases and in order to curb the spread of the virus, travelers are advised to present proof that they have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before they could enter another country.
Prior to COVID-19, the “Yellow Card” is already being issued to record inoculations for infectious diseases like polio and cholera.
Who Are Eligible To Get The International Certificate of Vaccination (ICV)?
The Bureau of Quarantine (BOQ) will only grant ICVs to individuals who are fully vaccinated with the following COVID-19 jabs recognized by WHO:
- Johnsson & Johnsson’s Janssen
At the present, issuance of ICVs will be given priority to international travelers (OFWs, seafarers, and tourists) who have overseas contact or flight booking confirmations. The certificates cost 300 PHP and 70 PHP as a convenience fee (depending on the chosen mode of payment). It is NOT a requirement for all destinations. Be sure to check with the country you are visiting.
How to Get An International Certificate of Vaccination or Yellow Card from the BOQ Online?
NOTE: Have a scanned copy of your PASSPORT and COVID-19 VACCINATION RECORD CARD (issued by your LGU or special vaccination centers like hospitals, and other institutions) as you will be asked to upload it to the system during the application.
1. Head to the Bureau of Quarantine Online Booking System (OBS)
To book an application, head to the Bureau of Quarantine Online Booking System.
2. Select a Location Where You Wish to Claim Your Certification
There are three locations in the National Capital Region
- Main Bureau of Quarantine in Port Area, manila
- Satellite Office in SM Mall of Asia
- Satellite Office in SM North EDSA
4. Enter Your Email Address
Be sure to enter a valid email address that you have access to.
5. Choose Which BOQ SERVICE You Would Like to Avail
- Below the SERVICE CATEGORY there’s a drop-down menu that you can click, choose CERTIFICATION.
- At the CERTIFICATION SERVICES choose INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATION OF VACCINE FOR COVID-19.
- Click NEXT
6. Set Your Appointment Schedule
You will be shown the earliest date available.
RED – Closed/Fully-booked
GREEN – Dates with available slots
7. Fill Out All Necessary Fields in the PERSONAL INFORMATION and CONTACT INFORMATION Sections.
Information such as application status and payment notification will be sent to the mobile number you provided. Once finished, click NEXT.
8. Submit Needed Documents/Requirements
NOTE: For customers who will set an appointment starting August 20, 21, the OBS will now require you to input your Passport numbers upon uploading the document. – BOQ OBS
Upload a scanned copy/picture of any of the following valid identification cards and a copy of your vaccination record card (front and back), then click NEXT.
- Valid Passport
- Driver’s License
- SSS ID/UMID
- Voter’s ID
- PRC ID
9. Choose Payment Method and Pay Fees
You can pay your fees in different ways depending on the fee type and where you are paying from. You may choose one of the following payment options:
- Credit/Debit Card
- Cash (or Over-The-Counter) via selected payment partners
- Online Banking
10. Save the QR Code/Reference Number Generated
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Once my appointment is booked, can I reschedule?
Once you have paid the fees and booked an appointment at the BOQ-OBS website, you won’t be able to have it rescheduled. Failure to show up will forfeit your payment and may ask for another if you wish to rebook.
2. Do I need to get an ICV when I plan to travel within the country?
No, it is not necessary to get an International Certificate of Vaccination for domestic travel but you may need to get tested for RT PCR and present the result when entering another province/region.
Claiming Your Yellow Card
You will receive an email and SMS confirmation as soon as you book and pay online.
Make sure you arrive at the BOQ site on the appointment day and within the time frame you choose. The queue isn’t long but you will be asked to wait for at least a few minutes.
What to Bring:
- Appointment confirmation (printed or a screenshot on your mobile phone)
- Vaccination Card issued by your LGU
- Valid passport
More COVID-19 Travel Advisory
- COVID-19 Community Quarantine Classifications in the Philippines
- How to Get an International Certificate of Vaccination, also known as a “Yellow Card,” in the Philippines (A Step-by-Step Guide)