You’ve probably heard of 10K Roses Café & More by now. It is a tourist attraction and cafe located in located at the end of Cordova Tourism Center, just right next to Lantaw Floating Restaurant.
The artificial, LED-powered roses are a sight to behold at nighttime or even during sundown. The café starts operation as early as 10:30 AM and closes at 10:00 PM. You’d probably have the place to yourself early during daytime but you can’t deny the fact that it becomes more magical as the day comes to an end. As a sucker for sunsets, I must say that the sunset view from here is beyond lovely.
How To Get There
• OPTION 1 – PRIVATE VEHICLE: It’s still best to bring your own vehicle so you won’t have a hard time going back to the city. You can use Waze or Google Maps, just type in “10,000 Roses Cafe Cordova”.
• OPTION 2 – TAXI/GRAB: Taxi/Grab ride from the city would cost you around P250-300, good for 4 people.
• OPTION 3 – V-HIRE: From SM City Cebu Terminal, ride a v-hire going to Cordova (P40/pax fare) then drop at Cordova Grandmall. From there, ride a tricycle going to Lantaw (P10/pax fare). 10,000 Roses Cafe is just beside Lantaw Cordova.
• OPTION 4 – JEEPNEY: From SM City Cebu Terminal, ride a jeepney going to Parkmall (P7/pax fare). From the Parkmall terminal, ride another jeepney going to Lapu-Lapu City. Take the one with Tamiya/MEPZ 2 and Opon Mercado routes (P7/pax fare). Ask the driver to drop you off at SuperMetro just beside General Milling Corp (P10/pax fare). Then ride another jeepney going to Cordova, at Gaisano Grand Cordova and ride a tricycle to Lantaw or 10,000 Roses Cafe (P10/pax fare).
- Sight seeing
- Picture taking
- Best time to visit is before sunset until closing time when the roses are lit up.
- Least crowded time is around mid afternoon.
- There is a restaurant/cafe that serves pasta, desserts, coffee and soda.
- Nearby is Lantaw Restaurant.
10,000 ROSES CAFE & MORE
Address: Day-as Barangay Rd, Cordova, Cebu
Operating hours: 10:30AM to 10:00 PM
Entrance Fee & Other Charges
Entrance Fee: P20 per person
Restaurant Menu: Coffee starts at P110.00 and soda is priced at P60.00; Food items on the menu: P220.00 to P450.00
The pictures give the idea that there’s a wide area of land planted with led-light artificial roses but to be honest, I was disappointed when I got there. It took us 1.5 hours each way from Cebu to visit this place and only spent 30 minutes in the site. I would not recommend people to drive or take the cab just to see this place; however, if you are in Mactan, sure, go for it.
Have you been to 10k Roses Cafe? How was your experience? What did you think of the food and service? Let us know in the comments!