Hey fellow adventurer! I’m POLLY AMORA, a 30-something traveler based in Manila, Philippines and I am thrilled to have you visiting my blog. I’m extroverted to the nth degree (for details click here) and would describe myself as adventurous, outgoing and mostly up for a challenge (Exhibit A, Exhibit B, Exhibit C). On weekdays, I’m mostly focused on my work and other commitments but on weekends, I try to go somewhere either with friends or traveling solo.
I have a Master’s degree in Nursing and licenses to practice in the Philippines and California, USA. I used to work in a government hospital as a Pediatric Nurse but later decided to be a Business Woman. Being an entrepreneur gives me the freedom to to work when & how I want and to pursue my own interests like traveling, learning and experiencing new things. I find it very exciting as each day is filled with new opportunities to challenge your abilities, skills, and determination.
|Is it possible to travel without neglecting my offline business? Yes it is! 😀|
Learn my secret by clicking the link below:
“HOW TO TRAVEL WHILE RUNNING A BUSINESS.”
What inspired you to travel?
I’ve been traveling since I was four but truly fell in love with it when I volunteered in outreach programs and medical missions to remote areas in our country back in 2004. My first international solo-travel to Hong Kong last 2009 was also an eye-opener. Basically, I like exposing myself to new experiences, exploring new places, learning new things, and helping others along the way. ❤
What’s your travel style?
I like to travel slow and I’m always up for a challenge. Throw me your craziest ideas, I’m usually down to do anything! Some of the things that I enjoy are: climbing mountains, the beach, exploring new cities, making new friends, and indulging in different cuisines and dishes. Anything that keeps me moving and I learn something from it.
Apart from traveling what are your other hobbies & interests?
I’m into a lot of things. I am a CLOSET GEEK – I enjoy playing video games (DOTA girl since 2004 – add me on Steam: StellarArtois) and I can be very competitive. I also enjoy reading mostly fictions but I also like business books, biographies/documentaries and self-help. I’m into MUSIC and I play the drums in fact, as a side-hustle, I teach drums to students of all ages and levels. I love attending music festivals and watching live concerts. SPORTS: I’m a marathoner and have finished several 26.2 miles races. I’m also an MMA fighter and recently, I joined a dragon boat team. ART is also one of my interests, I enjoy drawing and watercolor painting. I sketched/designed all of my tattoos and designed a few for my friends.
Through this blog, I hope to inspire my readers:
- To be well-traveled, take risks, and be unafraid to seek and embrace adventure both literally and figuratively.
- That traveling is attainable, affordable, and doable even if you don’t quit your 9-5.
- To explore, appreciate and travel even within their backyards. It’s easy to get caught up in wishing to be somewhere else, even when our own cities or countries are filled with amazing destinations and things to do.
- Hopefully encourage other travelers to come visit my beautiful country, the Philippines. #ItsMoreFunInThePhilippines ❤
- Through sharing travel tips and tricks, and my stories & experiences before, during and after traveling.
- Through sharing detailed information such as travel guides & itinerary, practical budget tips and honest reviews & recommendations so you can travel more for less!
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT
LET’S BE FRIENDS! ❤