Northern Samar is a coastal province that hosts pristine beaches and great diving spots for people who love the ocean. If you’re trying to find a much peaceful alternative to seaside destinations that are constantly full of tourists, this is the best place to go. Below is my review of Langtaran Grove White Beach Resort, travel and budget tips.
ALSO READ: Travel Guide: Biri Island In Northern Samar
Langtaran Grove Beach Resort offers expansive white sand beaches with less emphasis on commercial development. A quiet, less crowed alternative to some of the more popular beaches. The water is a beautiful color of blue-green. The wave is calm in the morning and it gets stronger as it approaches midday. The surrounding area features a mixture of residential and vacation rentals – you won’t find any big chain hotels here. In spite of its laid-back atmosphere, there is still plenty to do here with skim boarding as a popular pastime.
How To Get To Langtaran Grove White Beach Resort
- Philippine Airlines has direct flights from Manila to Catarman; going by plane is the most convenient way to get to this beach.
- Once at the airport, you can hire a tricycle to take you to your accommodation in town; the fare costs around ₱100 to ₱200 more or less.
- Once in the town center, you can hail a tricycle to take you to Langtaran Grove White Beach Resort or Langtaran UEP, the fare is around ₱15 and takes around 16 minutes. The proximity of the beach makes it a popular destination for both locals and tourists.
Activities In Langtaran Grove White Beach Resort
- Skim Boarding/Bodyboarding – Boards are available for rent.
- Surfing – Bring your own board.
- Camping – Tents are available for rent, for prices you may refer below.
- Mini golf
- Board games/Puzzles
Services/facilities Available In Langtaran Grove White Beach Resort
- Airport shuttle (additional charge)
- 24-hour security
- BBQ facilities
- Shared kitchen
- Ironing service (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
What To Bring At Langtaran Grove White Beach Resort
- Bring cash and small bills for transactions when paying for food and tricycle rides.
- Food/drinks for day trip – Town is only 15 minutes away from Langtaran Grove.
- Catarman is a small town, so don’t expect much when it comes to nightlife and restaurant choices.
- 3G and 4G signals are reliable but WiFi isn’t available.
- If you opt to stay overnight, Cabanas are available for rent, for charges you may refer below.
- Free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
- You may also have a beach wedding or other events at Langtaran Grove.
Stayed here for three days and we had a great time. The surroundings is clean and well-maintained, the staff are very friendly and accommodating (they went above and beyond to assist us). During our stay, there were breakfast & dinner buffet: I enjoyed the food very much (we had Lechon on our second night). Everything’s provided, all you have to do is to bring your happy self (and your own WiFi router).
LANGTARAN GROVE WHITE BEACH RESORT
Address: National Road, UEP, Catarman, Northern Samar
Entrance Fee & Other Charges
- Rental of Cottages (Day-use)
500 PHP (Regular Cottage; 8am to 5:30pm)/800 PHP night rate
1,000 PHP (Family Cottage; 8am to 5:30pm)/ 1,500 PHP night rate
- Rental of “Payong-payong”
250 PHP (Inclusive of table/chairs or lounge chairs)
- Rental of Cabanas (Room Accommodation)
Standard Room 1,950 PHP/night for 2 pax; airconditioned
Family Room 3,250 PHP/night for 6 pax; airconditioned
- Tent Accommodation
500 PHP (small; up to 2 pax)
800 PHP (medium; up to 4 pax)
1,000 PHP (large; up to 6 pax)
- Rental of Multi-Purpose Hall
40-50 person capacity, open air
Includes mono-block chairs/tables and basic sound system
More Northern Samar Travel Posts
- Travel Guide: Langtaran Grove White Beach Resort in Catarman, Northern Samar
- Travel Guide: “Pink Beach” Sila Island in San Vicente, Northern Samar
- Travel Guide: Biri Island in Northern Samar