Filipinos love to indulge in lechon, or a whole roasted pig. Eventhough it is so good, most of the time it is also so much for everyone. And left-overs is the best part of it! It can be turned into another delicious dish. So try this lechon paksiw recipe if you have some left over lechon in your fridge.
Serving: 3-5 person
- 1/2 kilo lechon, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 3 pcs bay leaf
- 1 (550g) bottle lechon sauce, preferably Mang Tomas
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 heads garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 pc Knorr Pork Cube
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1 cup water
- Combine all the ingredients in a pot.
- Now add the leftover lechon meat.
- Let it boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and continue cooking for 30-35 minutes or until the sauce thickens and flavors are well-blended.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and enjoy.